Transportation Policies and Procedures
In an effort to make a pleasant and safe ride for your child, below are a few policies and procedures to follow:
Students should be outside awaiting the arrival of their bus 10 minutes prior to their schedule time. If your assigned stop is located in front of a home, you still must be outside waiting. No driver, under any circumstances is allowed to blow horns or wait.
- No student should run after the bus. Students can fall and be seriously hurt, and there are blind spots all around buses where the driver cannot see a child.
- Parents or guardians must be awaiting the arrival of Pre-K, Kindergarten and special needs students. Please allow for delays if weather conditions warrant.
- If for any reason a parent cannot be present to receive a Pre-K, Kindergarten or special needs child, the school building and East End Bus Lines must be notified immediately as to who will be accepting the child. If no prior arrangement is made, the student will not be released to any unauthorized person and will be returned to their School Building to await pick up.
- Only the transportation office has the right to change or move stops. Bus drivers do not have the authorization.
- If your child is assigned a van and you will not need the bus, please call East End Bus Lines at (631) 345-9600.
- All children will learn the use of seatbelts, crossing procedures and school bus safety.
- All students from Pre-K through 2nd grade are required to wear an ID bus tag, which is provided to you. Please fill out your child's information. The ID must be visible to bus drivers and teachers. We recommend that the tag be attached to the student's backpack.
Please call the number below should you have any questions or concerns.
East End Bus Lines (631) 345-9600.
Transportation Request Form for Private / Parochial School Students
In accordance with Chapter 3635 of the New York State Education Law, all requests for transportation to a private or parochial school for the 2017 – 2018 school year must be submitted to the Transportation Office “postmarked” before April 1, 2017. If you do not meet the April 1st deadline, transportation may be denied. All students must be registered within the South Country Central School District in order to receive transportation.
If you wish transportation, please download the following form and mail it to:
Transportation Request Form
East End Bus Lines
3601 Horseblock Road
Medford, NY 11763
|Transportation: Lorraine 631-345-9600
|Central Registration: 631-730-1617